Thursday, February 25, 2010

Catch Up

I've realized for some time that I neglected to mention, at any point, what my travel plans are.
I'm hoping to travel for much of the year. This being month four I expect most of my plans to change over the course of the trip. As of now, I'm still touring Kerala by mountain bike. I'm hauling about 25 kg on my rear rack, 8kg in a top tube pouch (tools) and another 8kg or so on my back (water and food). I made the mistake of keeping my fat knobby tires on my bike, so the going is a little tougher than necessary. I spend a lot of my day pondering friction and the "pore size" of Indian pavement as a result. I'll continue with this ramshackle rig to Vietnam in March, and I plan to bike south through Laos, Cambodia and into Thailand. From there, I'll head north to China and bike from Lhasa to Kathmandu over the month of May. June is a planned group trip back in India (Corvallis friends, and friends of those friends) from Manali to Srinagar by way of Leh. If money allows, I hope to make it to NZ and then off to Africa to help Steph with round two of her fellowship fieldwork. I'm super excited for each stage of the adventure and can't deny loving it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment